Educational School Field Trips
Bring your class to the Schilter Family Farm for a farmtastic pumpkin patch experience!
Your field trip will be a guided tour — one of our Farmer Friends will lead your class from one activity to the next.
We do our very best to insure your class gets to experience all activities without being overcrowded by another group or class.
Visit the farm animals in the petting farm.
Find your way through the hay maze in the barn.
Enjoy a covered hay ride.
Pick a pumpkin each child can carry.
Use the barn to enjoy a snack or lunch.
Worried about the weather?
Don’t fret — at Schilter Family Farm we’ve got you covered! All our field trip activities are in covered barns, & even our wagon rides are covered. You might want to bring umbrellas for while your class is out picking pumpkins in the patch, and rubber boots would be great too! After all, we do live in Washington!
Limited availability – book early!
There is limited field trip availability (because we are hands-on!), and our tour schedule does book up. Scheduling our groups helps our farm manage over crowding which allows our farm to maintain an enjoyable, fun, and safe environment for all visitors. Schedule your class’s trip late August or early September for best selection of dates and times. Make your reservation online now!
- Our field trips last approximately an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. Lunch in the barn is a 30-minute time limit in addition to time allotted for the field trip.
- Cost is $5.00/student. Teachers and chaperones are free.
- If parents or teachers wish to purchase a pumpkin, they pay for it by the pound at the end of the field trip.
- Please try to limit the number of parent chaperones to no more than a 1 parent to 3 student ratio.
- We accept for payment: School purchase orders, official school checks (sorry we don’t accept personal checks for individual field trip fees), credit cards or cash.
What to bring?
Kids should be encouraged to wear coats, & rubber boots- we pumpkin pick whether rain or shine.
Plastic grocery sacks with your students’ names already on them to place their pumpkins in. (Don’t worry, if you forget we have extra bags and markers.)
Sack lunch if you have reserved the barn space for eating at the farm.
Daycare Groups – Home PreSchools – Mom’s Groups
Groups who may arrive unscheduled will be charged the general admission fee plus pay for their pumpkins by the pound and may not be guaranteed admittance to barn activities. To avoid this hassle and to include the pumpkin in the price of your farm visit, please schedule your visit in advance.